Wednesday, November 09, 2005

And Costco Democrats?

The positive thinking continues apace. Here is the companion piece to the Weekly Standard article on "Sam's Club Republicans." It's a Washington Monthly collection called The New Progressivism.

Again, I highlight this partly because there are some worthy ideas - I particularly like Kevin Drum's proposal to shift the burden of identity theft from consumers to banks. But I also want to point out that the smart folks in both parties are coming up with some very similar suggestions.

The partisan age we're in is going to crumble. It's just a matter of time.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger JMPerkins said...

God I hope you're right... no pun intended.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom Strong. I was just wondering if you knew of any websites which help people to find a 'walking companion' in their local area, just ike this website 'walking companion'? Do you know of any others? Many thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home