Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

To all those who might still bother to pop into The Yellow Line, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Also, a Happy Hanukkah to those of the Jewish faith and just a plain ole Happy Holidays to those who are neither Christian nor Jewish but still enjoy participating in this season of giving.

Come 2006, I may just emerge out of retirement. I have sufficiently decompressed and am feeling the urge to share my thoughts with the world again--albeit with only one post every day or so. Gotta pace myself.

Wanna know what I think about this "War on Christmas" faux debate? I think it's a rather disgusting use of the word "war," particularly while many Americans are fighting a real one. I think the secularization of Christmas is not due to some dark liberal plot but instead due to the nature of capitalism (Saddly, Santa sells better than Baby Jesus so stores use Santa).

But I do think our culture too often takes political correctness to absurd ends. And I think groups like the ACLU tend to overreact to what is usually very light mingling of religion and government. We don't need an absolute divide.

But in the end, as long as someone is wishing me well, I'm a happy guy.

And I wish you all well in this season that is blessed for many and fun for all.

5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger AubreyJ......... said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Alan...
Merry Christmas to all of you at the Yellow Line... Hope you all had a very nice one this year......
AubreyJ.........

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger amba said...

Oh, please do come back!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger AubreyJ......... said...

I'm with Amba and a Happy New Year to all too...
AubreyJ.........

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» »

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous auto second hand said...

A very good post. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home